On Thu, 6 Sep 2018, Neeraj Upadhyay wrote: > On 09/05/2018 06:47 PM, Thomas Gleixner wrote: > > On Wed, 5 Sep 2018, Neeraj Upadhyay wrote: > > > On 09/05/2018 05:53 PM, Thomas Gleixner wrote: > > > > And looking closer this is a general issue. Just that the TEARDOWN state > > > > makes it simple to observe. It's universaly broken, when the first > > > > teardown > > > > callback fails because, st->state is only decremented _AFTER_ the > > > > callback > > > > returns success, but undo_cpu_down() increments unconditionally. > > > > > > > As per my understanding, there are 2 problems here; one is fixed with your > > > patch, and other is cpuhp_reset_state() is used during rollback from > > > non-AP to > > > AP state, which seem to result in 2 increments of st->state (one increment > > > done by cpuhp_reset_state() and another by cpu_thread_fun()) . > > And how did your hack fix that up magically? I'll have a look later today. > > > > Thanks, > > > > tglx > > The hack fixes it by not calling cpuhp_reset_state() and doing rollback state > reset inline inĀ  _cpu_down(). And how is that any different from the proper patch I sent? It ends up in the same state. So I have a hard time to understand your blurb above where you claim that my patch just solves one of two problems? Thanks, tglx