On Tue, 19 Feb 2019, wen.yang99@zte.com.cn wrote: > > > I would have a hard time saying which one is more reasonable to test, > > I suggest to reconsider the interpretation of this software situation once more. > > > since both are extremely unlikely. > > I disagree to this view because two ellipses were intentionally specified > > in published SmPL scripts. > > So some software developers found these “special use cases” important enough. > > >> In addition, we feel that we should probably accept this patch first, > > I disagree to this imagination because I would prefer to integrate a source code variant > > without a bug (which was copied from a version on 2013-05-08 by Petr Strnad). > > https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/scripts/coccinelle/free/pci_free_consistent.cocci?id=f7b167113753e95ae61383e234f8d10142782ace#n12 > > I hope that nicer run time behaviour can become also relevant here. > > Both cases are extremely unlikely. > Although we have tested these two methods in the existing kernel code, > considering the evolution of the kernel code, these special cases may occur, so we are willing to take them into account. > We plan to modify the code like this: > > id = of_find_device_by_node@p1(x) > -... when != e = id > +... when != e = (T)id > + when != id = (T)e This change is fine with me. julia > > Do you have any other questions? > Thanks. > > Regards, > Wen