From: Dave Olson <dave.olson@qlogic.com>
To: Roland Dreier <rdreier@cisco.com>
Cc: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>,
	Ralph Campbell <ralph.campbell@qlogic.com>,
	akpm@linux-foundation.org, torvalds@linux-foundation.org,
	linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org, general@lists.openfabrics.org
Subject: Re: [ofa-general] Re: [GIT PULL] please pull infiniband.git
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 08:20:49 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008, Roland Dreier wrote:
|  >  drivers/built-in.o: In function `ipath_init_one':
|  >  ipath_driver.c:(.devinit.text+0x1e5bc): undefined reference to `ipath_init_iba7220_funcs'

Yes, that issue should be fixed.  Our preference was to not build
if it wouldn't work.  We'd have to add the conditional check at
the function setup routines.

| I also removed the dependency on HT_IRQ || PCI_MSI in the Kconfig, since
| the iba7220 support should work without it.  I know we discussed this
| before, but looking closer at the code, the dependency seems pointless
| to me, since it's still possible to build a driver that doesn't work if
| a particular system needs, say HT_IRQ, and the user selects PCI_MSI.
| And since iba7220 doesn't need either, we might as well let people build
| that.
|
| If this is OK with everyone, I will merge this with a proper changelog.

At this point, I guess I'd agree.  We've added checks for "no interrupt"
after the driver is loaded, so I guess that covers the issue well
enough.

Dave Olson
dave.olson@qlogic.com