* [GIT] Security subsystem updates for 3.8
@ 2012-12-15  8:28 James Morris
From: James Morris @ 2012-12-15  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: linux-security-module, linux-kernel

A quiet cycle for the security subsystem with just a few maintenance
updates.

Please pull.

The following changes since commit 7a280cf512053137a37da2801eac73a8842fa50d:
  Linus Torvalds (1):
        Merge tag 'disintegrate-x86-20121214' of git://git.infradead.org/users/dhowells/linux-headers

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jmorris/linux-security.git for-linus

Alan Cox (2):
      keys: Fix unreachable code
      key: Fix resource leak

Andy Lutomirski (1):
      seccomp: Make syscall skipping and nr changes more consistent

Ashley Lai (1):
      drivers/char/tpm: remove tasklet and cleanup

Casey Schaufler (2):
      Smack: use select not depends in Kconfig
      Smack: create a sysfs mount point for smackfs

David Howells (5):
      KEYS: Add payload preparsing opportunity prior to key instantiate or update
      KEYS: Make the session and process keyrings per-thread
      KEYS: Reduce initial permissions on keys
      KEYS: Use keyring_alloc() to create special keyrings
      Merge branch 'modsign-keys-devel' into security-next-keys

James Morris (2):
      Merge branch 'security-next-keys' of git://git.kernel.org/.../dhowells/security-keys into next-queue
      Merge tag 'yama-3.8' of git://git.kernel.org/.../kees/linux into next

Kees Cook (2):
      Yama: add RCU to drop read locking
      Yama: remove locking from delete path

 Documentation/prctl/seccomp_filter.txt   |   74 +++++++++++++++--
 Documentation/security/keys.txt          |   67 +++++++++++++++-
 arch/x86/kernel/vsyscall_64.c            |  110 ++++++++++++++------------
 drivers/char/tpm/tpm_ibmvtpm.c           |   81 +++++++------------
 drivers/char/tpm/tpm_ibmvtpm.h           |    5 +-
 fs/cifs/cifs_spnego.c                    |    6 +-
 fs/cifs/cifsacl.c                        |   20 ++---
 fs/nfs/idmap.c                           |   12 +--
 include/keys/user-type.h                 |    6 +-
 include/linux/cred.h                     |   17 +---
 include/linux/key-type.h                 |   35 +++++++-
 include/linux/key.h                      |    1 +
 kernel/cred.c                            |  127 ++++--------------------------
 kernel/seccomp.c                         |   13 ++-
 net/ceph/crypto.c                        |    9 ++-
 net/dns_resolver/dns_key.c               |   19 ++---
 net/rxrpc/ar-key.c                       |   40 +++++-----
 security/keys/encrypted-keys/encrypted.c |   16 ++--
 security/keys/key.c                      |  120 ++++++++++++++++++++--------
 security/keys/keyctl.c                   |   33 +++++---
 security/keys/keyring.c                  |   16 ++--
 security/keys/process_keys.c             |   94 +++++++++-------------
 security/keys/request_key.c              |   21 +++--
 security/keys/request_key_auth.c         |    8 +-
 security/keys/trusted.c                  |   16 ++--
 security/keys/user_defined.c             |   14 ++--
 security/smack/Kconfig                   |    6 +-
 security/smack/smackfs.c                 |   17 ++++
 security/yama/yama_lsm.c                 |   88 +++++++++++++++------

* Re: [GIT] Security subsystem updates for 3.8
@ 2012-12-16 23:51 ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2012-12-16 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Morris

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 12:28 AM, James Morris <jmorris@namei.org> wrote:
> A quiet cycle for the security subsystem with just a few maintenance
> updates.

Ok, pulled. There were a few trivial conflicts (mostly due to some of
the key allocation patches having already been merged, and some of the
kuid/kgid changes due to the userns changes).

I'd like you to double-check the end result, but it *looks* fine.
Adding both EricB and DavidH to the participants since the conflicts
were generally due to intetractions with their patches.

                Linus

* Re: [GIT] Security subsystem updates for 3.8
@ 2012-12-17  4:01   ` Eric W. Biederman
From: Eric W. Biederman @ 2012-12-17  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds

Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> writes:

> On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 12:28 AM, James Morris <jmorris@namei.org> wrote:
>> A quiet cycle for the security subsystem with just a few maintenance
>> updates.
>
> Ok, pulled. There were a few trivial conflicts (mostly due to some of
> the key allocation patches having already been merged, and some of the
> kuid/kgid changes due to the userns changes).
>
> I'd like you to double-check the end result, but it *looks* fine.
> Adding both EricB and DavidH to the participants since the conflicts
> were generally due to intetractions with their patches.

I just read through the conflict resolution and I don't see any
kuid/kgid problems.  I am surprised that there were any kuid/kgid
conflicts as all of my changes in that area were in 3.6-rc1.

Eric

* Re: [GIT] Security subsystem updates for 3.8
@ 2012-12-17 12:52 ` David Howells
From: David Howells @ 2012-12-17 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds
	Eric W. Biederman

Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> > A quiet cycle for the security subsystem with just a few maintenance
> > updates.
>
> Ok, pulled. There were a few trivial conflicts (mostly due to some of
> the key allocation patches having already been merged, and some of the
> kuid/kgid changes due to the userns changes).
>
> I'd like you to double-check the end result, but it *looks* fine.
> Adding both EricB and DavidH to the participants since the conflicts
> were generally due to intetractions with their patches.

There seemed to be a couple of minor bits that got lost.  I'm not sure where,
though.  I'll send them to you as additional patches.  Other than that,
everything appears to have merged okay.

David