* [GIT PULL] HID regression fix
@ 2017-04-20 10:34 Jiri Kosina
From: Jiri Kosina @ 2017-04-20 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: linux-kernel

Linus,

please pull from

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jikos/hid.git for-linus

to receive two last-minute regression fixes for Wacom driver from Jason
Gerecke

Thanks.

Jason Gerecke (2):
      HID: wacom: Treat HID_DG_TOOLSERIALNUMBER as unsigned
      HID: wacom: Override incorrect logical maximum contact identifier

 drivers/hid/wacom_wac.c | 12 +++++++++++-

Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs

* Re: [GIT PULL] HID regression fix
@ 2023-06-06 13:22 ` pr-tracker-bot
From: pr-tracker-bot @ 2023-06-06 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jiri Kosina; +Cc: Linus Torvalds, Benjamin Tissoires, linux-kernel

The pull request you sent on Mon, 5 Jun 2023 23:39:17 +0200 (CEST):

> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/hid/hid.git tags/for-linus-2023060501

has been merged into torvalds/linux.git:
https://git.kernel.org/torvalds/c/fa56e0e44f658085262f536bbfdfff3374b8828d

Thank you!

--
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/prtracker.html

* Re: [GIT PULL] HID regression fix
@ 2023-06-06 12:19 ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2023-06-06 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jiri Kosina; +Cc: Benjamin Tissoires, linux-kernel

On Mon, Jun 5, 2023 at 2:39 PM Jiri Kosina <jikos@kernel.org> wrote:

> - Final, confirmed fix for regression causing some devices connected via
>   Logitech HID++ Unifying receiver take too long to initialize (Benjamin
>   Tissoires)

Thanks.

The 'don't use goto' looks good, but can we simplify things further?

In particular, this kind of loop is why "do { } while ()" exists.

But also, testing "ret" in that end condition is all kinds of strange.
It smells of Pascal loops, because Pascal didn't have any sane control
flow (little known fact: in a rare show of self-reflection, "Pascal"
was named to sound like the Finnish word "paska", meaning "shit").

The *sane* thing to do is not to test "ret" in the loop condition, but
just add the obvious control flow - so the code that wants to retry
should just do 'continue' in that loop.

Then the loop itself ends up being just

        do {
        } while (--max_retries);

and we don't need any fake initialization of 'ret'.

Anyway, just a thought.

It would also simplify things a lot if that function was split up so
that you'd have that whole loop in a helper function. That way it
could just use "return ret" or whatever, with the mutex_lock/unlock in
the caller.

Btw, it does look like the code is mixing two different kinds of
return types in 'ret': regular Linux error numbers as negative
numbers, but then possibly positive "HIDPP status" values that it gets
from the report (ie

        ret = response->rap.params[1];

ends up being returned as a value, mixed with

        ret = -ETIMEDOUT;

so which is it? A negative error, or a positive HID report byte value? Or both?

             Linus

* [GIT PULL] HID regression fix
@ 2023-06-05 21:39 Jiri Kosina
From: Jiri Kosina @ 2023-06-05 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: Benjamin Tissoires, linux-kernel

Linus,

please pull from

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/hid/hid.git tags/for-linus-2023060501

to receive

=====
- Final, confirmed fix for regression causing some devices connected via
  Logitech HID++ Unifying receiver take too long to initialize (Benjamin
  Tissoires)
======

Benjamin Tissoires (1):
      HID: hidpp: terminate retry loop on success

 drivers/hid/hid-logitech-hidpp.c | 13 ++++++-------

Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs

* [GIT PULL] HID regression fix
@ 2017-07-25 12:20 Jiri Kosina
From: Jiri Kosina @ 2017-07-25 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: linux-kernel

Linus,

please pull from

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jikos/hid.git for-linus

to receive

=====
- regression fix (missing IRQs) for devices that require 'always poll'
  quirk, from Dmitry Torokhov
- new device ID addition to Ortek driver, from Benjamin Tissoires
=====

Thanks.

Benjamin Tissoires (1):
      HID: ortek: add one more buggy device

Dmitry Torokhov (1):
      HID: usbhid: fix "always poll" quirk

 drivers/hid/hid-core.c        |  1 +
 drivers/hid/hid-ids.h         |  1 +
 drivers/hid/hid-ortek.c       |  6 ++++--
 drivers/hid/usbhid/hid-core.c | 16 ++++++++++------

Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs

* [GIT PULL] HID regression fix
@ 2017-07-20 13:53 Jiri Kosina
From: Jiri Kosina @ 2017-07-20 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: linux-kernel

Linus,

please pull from

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jikos/hid.git for-linus

to receive

=====
- HID multitouch 4.12 regression fix from Dmitry Torokhov
- error handling fix for HID++ driver from Gustavo A. R. Silva
=====

Thanks.

Dmitry Torokhov (1):
      HID: multitouch: do not blindly set EV_KEY or EV_ABS bits

Gustavo A. R. Silva (1):
      HID: hid-logitech-hidpp: add NULL check on devm_kmemdup() return value

 drivers/hid/hid-logitech-hidpp.c |  3 +++
 drivers/hid/hid-multitouch.c     | 16 ++++------------

Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs

* [GIT PULL] HID regression fix
@ 2016-06-28 13:22 Jiri Kosina
From: Jiri Kosina @ 2016-06-28 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: linux-kernel

Linus,

please pull from

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jikos/hid.git for-linus

to receive

- regression fix for multitouch palm rejection from Allen Hung

Thanks.

Allen Hung (2):
      Revert "HID: multitouch: enable palm rejection if device implements confidence usage"
      HID: multitouch: enable palm rejection for Windows Precision Touchpad

 drivers/hid/hid-multitouch.c | 21 ++++++++++++++-------

Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs