From: Thorsten Leemhuis <regressions@leemhuis.info>
To: Mike Galbraith <efault@gmx.de>, lkml <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>
Cc: Bart Van Assche <bvanassche@acm.org>,
	Ming Lei <ming.lei@redhat.com>, Hannes Reinecke <hare@suse.de>,
	John Garry <john.garry@huawei.com>,
	ericspero@icloud.com, jason600.groome@gmail.com,
	"regressions@lists.linux.dev" <regressions@lists.linux.dev>
Subject: Re: regression bisect --> 88f1669019bd " scsi: sd: Rework asynchronous resume support"
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 11:11:06 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi, this is your Linux kernel regression tracker.

On 21.08.22 09:34, Mike Galbraith wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> My box claims this patch is a dud for it, symptom being hang during
> suspend _after_ a successful suspend/resume cycle. Revert at bisect
> starting point and now HEAD (15b3f48a4339) confirms box's assertion.
> [...]
> # first bad commit: [88f1669019bd62b3009a3cebf772fbaaa21b9f38] scsi: sd: Rework asynchronous resume support

FYI, in case you missed it: there are multiple reports that this patch
is causing problems. A revert and a partial reverts are discussed:

https://lore.kernel.org/all/20220816172638.538734-1-bvanassche@acm.org/
https://lore.kernel.org/regressions/dd6844e7-f338-a4e9-2dad-0960e25b2ca1@redhat.com/
https://lore.kernel.org/all/98592410-dd31-9081-86be-fda67d3b06d2@suse.cz/

See also:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/ecf878dc-905b-f714-4c44-6c90e81f8391@acm.org/

P.S.: As the Linux kernel's regression tracker I deal with a lot of
reports and sometimes miss something important when writing mails like
this. If that's the case here, don't hesitate to tell me in a public
reply, it's in everyone's interest to set the public record straight.

P.P.S.: Just to be sure, add this report to the regression tracking, too:

#regzbot ^introduced: 88f1669019bd62b3009a3
#regzbot dup-of:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/98592410-dd31-9081-86be-fda67d3b06d2@suse.cz/
#regzbot monitor:
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-scsi/20220821220502.13685-1-bvanassche@acm.org/