Hi all, On 20-06-18 06:19, Jiri Kosina wrote: > On Wed, 20 Jun 2018, Linus Torvalds wrote: > >> What is that odd binary blob i2c_hid_desc_override, and where does the >> data come from? Not explained anywhere. > > Fair enough; it's a pretty standard HID descriptor override, but you're > right that we're usually replacing it in a bit more verbose way. Julian, > could you please run that descriptor through something like HID descriptor > tool, and send me a patch that reformats it? (for the way we usually do > this, look for example in hid-sony.c). Julian let me know if you need any help with this, to format the HID descriptor take a file with the raw descriptor in binary format and do: cat descriptor.bin | hidrd-convert -o code I've just done that to make sure my instructions are right, so to save you having to redo this I've attached the result. Regards, Hans