This morning was the triggering of the monthly MD RAID check (the first since I installed a 4.12 series kernel on my home server). I can get a repeatable (takes hours though) complete hang when checking my RAID 6 array. No log entries, just the attached on the server console (apologies for bad image). I'm attaching boot dmesg and configuration. I'm happy to chase this, although the check runs will need to be at the weekend when I'm near the server. Cheers David (resent due to mistakenly sending a 2MB image first time)