* Testing & Fuzzing Micro-Conference at Linux Plumbers Conference 2021
@ 2021-08-31 10:25 Guillaume Tucker
From: Guillaume Tucker @ 2021-08-31 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel, automated-testing, linux-kselftest, kernelci, syzkaller
  Cc: Sasha Levin, Steven Rostedt (VMware)

The Testing & Fuzzing Micro-Conference[1] at Linux Plumbers 2021 will
remain open to new proposals for talks and discussion topics until the
end of next week (Friday 10th Sept).  Please feel free to submit yours
with the "Submit new proposal" form on this page:

  https://linuxplumbersconf.org/event/11/abstracts/

The MC is currently scheduled for Wednesday 22nd.  This is where the
timetable will appear as submissions get accepted:

  https://linuxplumbersconf.org/event/11/sessions/110/#20210922

Last year's edition was very effective in spite of being fully online
rather than in-person.  Topics around testing were mentioned in many
other tracks too, such as real-time and toolchains.  See also the
related KernelCI blog post with community notes[2].  We're looking
forward to having an equally good virtual experience this time again.

Best wishes,
Guillaume

[1] https://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/blog/2021/index.php/2021/07/09/testing-and-fuzzing-microconference-accepted-into-2021-linux-plumbers-conference/

The Testing and Fuzzing microconference focuses on advancing the current
state of testing of the Linux kernel. We aim to create connections
between folks working on similar projects, and help individual projects
make progress.

We ask that any topic discussions will focus on issues/problems they are
facing and possible alternatives to resolving them. The Microconference
is open to all topics related to testing & fuzzing on Linux, not
necessarily in the kernel space.

Suggested topics:

  KernelCI: Extending coverage and improving user experience.
  Growing KCIDB, integrating more sources.
  Better sanitizers: KFENCE, improving KCSAN.
  Using Clang for better testing coverage.
  How to spread KUnit throughout the kernel?
  Testing in-kernel Rust code.

MC leads:

  Sasha Levin <sashal@kernel.org>
  Guillaume Tucker <guillaume.tucker@collabora.com>

[2] https://foundation.kernelci.org/blog/2020/09/23/kernelci-notes-from-plumbers-2020/

* Re: Testing & Fuzzing Micro-Conference at Linux Plumbers Conference 2021
@ 2021-10-29  8:54 ` Guillaume Tucker
From: Guillaume Tucker @ 2021-10-29  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel, automated-testing, linux-kselftest, kernelci, syzkaller
  Cc: Sasha Levin, Steven Rostedt (VMware)

On 31/08/2021 11:25, Guillaume Tucker wrote:
> The Testing & Fuzzing Micro-Conference[1] at Linux Plumbers 2021 will
> remain open to new proposals for talks and discussion topics until the
> end of next week (Friday 10th Sept).  Please feel free to submit yours
> with the "Submit new proposal" form on this page:
>
>   https://linuxplumbersconf.org/event/11/abstracts/
>
> The MC is currently scheduled for Wednesday 22nd.  This is where the
> timetable will appear as submissions get accepted:
>
>   https://linuxplumbersconf.org/event/11/sessions/110/#20210922
>

> Last year's edition was very effective in spite of being fully online
> rather than in-person.  Topics around testing were mentioned in many
> other tracks too, such as real-time and toolchains.  See also the
> related KernelCI blog post with community notes[2].  We're looking
> forward to having an equally good virtual experience this time again.

Many thanks to all the speakers and attendees, it has been a very
enjoyable and productive micro-conf.  The summary is now
available here:

  https://linuxplumbersconf.org/event/11/page/104-accepted-microconferences#summary-testing

See also the recorded videos here:

  https://youtu.be/Y_minEhZNm8?t=2370

See you all next year, maybe in person if we're lucky!