On 8/14/2020 1:05 PM, Linus Torvalds (torvalds@linux-foundation.org) wrote: > Honestly, I really think you may want an extended [f]statfs(), not > some mount tracking. > > Linus Linus, Thank you for the reply. Perhaps some of the communication disconnect is due to which thread this discussion is taking place on. My understanding is that there were two separate pull requests. One for mount notifications and the other for filesystem information. This thread is derived from the pull request entitled "Filesystem Information" and my response was a request for use cases. The assumption being that the request was related to the subject. I apologize for creating unnecessary noise due to my misinterpretation of your intended question. The use cases I described and the types of filesystem information required to satisfy them do not require mount tracking. Jeffrey Altman