On Wed, 2019-03-27 at 11:39 +0000, Lorenzo Pieralisi wrote: > I just want to keep MCFG ECAM quirks as simple as possible, code as it > stands is horrible enough and I wish I could remove the mechanism in > the future rather than adding more to it, hopefully we are getting > there. Obviously I cannot talk about future hardware or even admit that there is such as thing as "future hardware". But all the issues with the DW controller *have* already been worked around by different implementations, in different combinations. And I will be very sad if *we* somehow manage to make a new board which needs a new and different combination of quirks. Actively, percussively, sad.