On 29 November 2018 at 6:03PM, Christoph Hellwig wrote: > On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 01:05:23PM +0100, Christian Zigotzky wrote: >> I compiled a test kernel from the following Git today. >> >> http://git.infradead.org/users/hch/misc.git/shortlog/refs/heads/powerpc-dma.4 >> >> Command: git clone git://git.infradead.org/users/hch/misc.git -b >> powerpc-dma.4 a >> >> Unfortunately I get some DMA error messages and the PASEMI ethernet doesn't >> work anymore. > What kind of machine is this (and your other one)? Can you send me > (or point me to) the .config files? > Hello Christoph, Thanks for your reply and sorry for my bad email at the beginning. I have bad experiences with rewroting of good working code. Actually I work for the first level Linux support at A-EON Technology Ltd. Our customers are typically desktop users. That means, we don't have always time to hunt kernel bugs. Our customers are only interested in new features, stability etc. It is really difficult to explain them about rewroting of good working code as a new feature. For us as a first level support it is very difficult and time intensive to look why the new code doesn't work. @All Please also think of us because we have to explain your work to the end customer. And it is really hard for us and time intensive to prove mistakes because of rewroting code over and over again in opposite to you. It is really a pity if you replace a good working code (The work from another developer with a lot of bug fixes) with a buggy code. Incidentally, it is also expensive. (time + money) @Christoph Anyway, back to testing. I tested your kernel on an A-EON AmigaOne X1000 and on an A-EON AmigaOne X5000 today. More information: A-EON AmigaOne X1000 (Nemo kernel config attached): - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AmigaOne_X1000 - http://www.amigaos.net/hardware/35/amigaone-x1000 A-EON AmigaOne X5000 (Cyrus kernel config attached): - http://www.amigaos.net/hardware/133/amigaone-x5000 - http://wiki.amiga.org/index.php/AmigaONE_X5000 Please find attached the kernel configs. Thanks, Christian