On 08.03.21 21:33, Boris Ostrovsky wrote: > > On 3/6/21 11:18 AM, Juergen Gross wrote: >> An event channel should be kept masked when an eoi is pending for it. >> When being migrated to another cpu it might be unmasked, though. >> >> In order to avoid this keep three different flags for each event channel >> to be able to distinguish "normal" masking/unmasking from eoi related >> masking/unmasking and temporary masking. The event channel should only >> be able to generate an interrupt if all flags are cleared. >> >> Cc: stable@vger.kernel.org >> Fixes: 54c9de89895e0a36047 ("xen/events: add a new late EOI evtchn framework") >> Reported-by: Julien Grall >> Signed-off-by: Juergen Gross >> Reviewed-by: Julien Grall >> --- >> V2: >> - introduce a lock around masking/unmasking >> - merge patch 3 into this one (Jan Beulich) >> V4: >> - don't set eoi masking flag in lateeoi_mask_ack_dynirq() > > > Reviewed-by: Boris Ostrovsky > > > Ross, are you planning to test this? Just as another data point: With the previous version of the patches a reboot loop of a guest needed max 33 reboots to loose network in my tests (those were IIRC 6 test runs). With this patch version I stopped the test after about 1300 reboots without having seen any problems. Juergen