On 30.09.21 14:12, Jan Beulich wrote: > In order to try to debug hypervisor side breakage from XSA-378 I found > myself urged to finally give PVH Dom0 a try. Sadly things didn't work > quite as expected. In the course of investigating these issues I actually > spotted one piece of PV Dom0 breakage as well, a fix for which is also > included here. > > There are one immediate remaining issues: Dom0, unlike in the PV case, > cannot access the screen (to use as a console) when in a non-default > mode (i.e. not 80x25 text), as the necessary information (in particular > about VESA-bases LFB modes) is not communicated. On the hypervisor side > this looks like deliberate behavior, but it is unclear to me what the > intentions were towards an alternative model. (X may be able to access > the screen depending on whether it has a suitable driver besides the > presently unusable /dev/fb based one.) > > v2 merely addresses small review comments in patches 7 and 9 (see there). > > 1: xen/x86: prevent PVH type from getting clobbered > 2: xen/x86: allow PVH Dom0 without XEN_PV=y > 3: xen/x86: make "earlyprintk=xen" work better for PVH Dom0 > 4: xen/x86: allow "earlyprintk=xen" to work for PV Dom0 > 5: xen/x86: make "earlyprintk=xen" work for HVM/PVH DomU > 6: xen/x86: generalize preferred console model from PV to PVH Dom0 > 7: xen/x86: hook up xen_banner() also for PVH > 8: x86/PVH: adjust function/data placement > 9: xen/x86: adjust data placement Series pushed to xen/tip.git for-linus-5.15b Juergen