From: "Linux regression tracking (Thorsten Leemhuis)"  <regressions@leemhuis.info>
To: Kristof Havasi <havasiefr@gmail.com>
Cc: Linux kernel regressions list <regressions@lists.linux.dev>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>,
	Vinod Koul <vkoul@kernel.org>,
	dmaengine@vger.kernel.org, Peter Rosin <peda@axentia.se>,
	Nicolas Ferre <nicolas.ferre@microchip.com>,
	"stable@vger.kernel.org" <stable@vger.kernel.org>,
	tudor.ambarus@microchip.com
Subject: Re: dmaengine: at_hdmac: Regression regarding rs485 via dma in v5.4
Date: Thu, 4 May 2023 11:11:17 +0200	[thread overview]

On 04.04.23 13:25, Linux regression tracking (Thorsten Leemhuis) wrote:
> [Adding a few pople to the list of recipients that were involved in
> developing the culprit; also CCing the regression list, as it should be
> in the loop for regressions:
> https://docs.kernel.org/admin-guide/reporting-regressions.html]
>
> [TLDR: I'm adding this report to the list of tracked Linux kernel
> regressions; the text you find below is based on a few templates
> paragraphs you might have encountered already in similar form.
> See link in footer if these mails annoy you.]
>
> On 29.03.23 16:31, Kristof Havasi wrote:
>>
>> I was rebasing the Kernel branch of our SAMA5D35 based board from
>> v5.4.189 to v5.4.238.
>> I noticed that after the rebase we could _only send, but not receive_
>> through our RS485 interface.
>>
>> I could bisect the problem to 77b97ef4908aa917e7b68667ec6b344cc5dc5034
>> in the v5.4.225 release.
>
> FWIW, that's 7176a6a8982d ("dmaengine: at_hdmac: Don't start
> transactions at tx_submit level") in mainline.
>
> Kristof Havasi: would be good to know if this is something that happens
> with recent mainline as well, because if not it might be something the
> stable team needs to handle.

Kristof, any news? Doesn't look like it from here, but maybe I'm missing
something.

And did you try what I suggested? Without trying that it looks like
neither the mainline developers nor the stable team cares enough to look
into your report, as both sides might assume it's the other sides duty
to do so.

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
If I did something stupid, please tell me, as explained on that page.

#regzbot poke