From: nipponmail@firemail.cc
To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Will no-one sue GrSecurity for their blatant GPL violation (of GCC and the linux kernel)?
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 17:56:32 +0000	[thread overview]

You are incorrect. GPL version 2 section 6 states that one shall not add
additional restrictions between the agreement between the licensee and
further licensees. It governs that relationship vis-a-vis the protected
Work.

GrSecurity has, indeed, stipulated an additional restrictive term.
 From: You may distribute derivative works freely.
GrSecurity has forced customers to agree to: We shall not distribute the
(non-separable) derivative work EXCEPT to our own customers (when
required).

That is clearly an additional restrictive term.

Yes, I am a lawyer. A court would not be "tricked" by GrSecurity putting
it's additional restrictive term in a separate writing. The license is
instructions about what you are allowed to do with Copyright Holder's
work; He EXPLICITLY forbade additional restrictive terms.

GrSecurity does not have a pre-existing legal right to create
non-separable derivative works at all. The default rights are: nothing
(all rights reservered).