On Wed, 2021-05-12 at 14:00 +0100, Mel Gorman wrote: > If you send me the same patch, I can do submit a request to the devel > package for openSUSE. I don't have commit access but I would be surprised > if the package maintainer didn't accept the request. Obviously, I'll > build+boot a kernel that includes the final version of this series in > case of any naming changes or other oddities. At this point I'm not clear exactly what needs to be done and whether or not the details have been nailed down enough that it is time to commit the change to the iotop-py and iotop-c git repositories. I recommend upgrading the openSUSE iotop package to the latest git commit rather than just applying the latest patch on top. Alternatively, once the patch is applied I can probably overstep my permissions and add a tag to the iotop-py git repository, in case folks are happy to pull from the git repository instead of the website. > Good thinking. I'll open a bug on github when I've tested your iotop > patch so that the bug report is more coherent. OK, sounds good. PS: does Linux have a facility for userspace processes to convert syscall names to numbers for the currently running Linux kernel? I noticed that iotop-py just hard-codes the syscall numbers for ioprio_set and ioprio_get on common arches, missing newer arches. -- bye, pabs https://bonedaddy.net/pabs3/