Christoph Hellwig writes: > On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 12:06:26AM -0700, Randy Dunlap wrote: >> All $ARCH look equivalent except for microblaze and nios2. >> For those, the config SWAP in init/Kconfig (line 221) comes before (and >> hence takes precedence) over arch/$(SRCARCH)/Kconfig settings, which is >> def_bool n for both microblaze and nios2. > > Both of those are NOMMU architectures, so the default SWAP > decaration should do the right thing. > > I wish the kconfig tools could warn about duplicate symbols, as they > are basically always bogus or at least very problematic. Your wish is our command ;-) A big but: duplicate symbol definitions are explicitely allowed by the kconfig language, so you find most of those duplicates are actually just varying dependencies or default values. At least, it is interesting to see how "duplicate" symbol definitions are used and perhaps this helps you with your reordering. This is just a prototype, that hopefully helps with your current task, so I did not pay too much attention to make it beautiful. Please let me know if anything is missing. Anyway, apply the patch and then invoke "make symcheckconfig" at the top-level directory. Dirk > I've update the kconfig-cleanup branch in git with the fixes, but > I didn't have time to do anything but a trivial x86 test yet. > -- > To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kbuild" in > the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org > More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html