* Synaptics losing sync
@ 2003-11-01 16:51 Ricardo Galli
From: Ricardo Galli @ 2003-11-01 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

I've sent this report before.

I repeat it just in case someone found a workaround, and because
2.6.0-test9 gives other related errors as well (TSC error):

Synaptics driver lost sync at 1st byte
Synaptics driver lost sync at 1st byte
Synaptics driver lost sync at 1st byte
Synaptics driver lost sync at 4th byte
Synaptics driver lost sync at 1st byte
Synaptics driver lost sync at 1st byte
Synaptics driver lost sync at 1st byte
Synaptics driver lost sync at 1st byte
Synaptics driver resynced.
Losing too many ticks!
TSC cannot be used as a timesource. (Are you running with SpeedStep?)
Falling back to a sane timesource.
Synaptics driver lost sync at 1st byte

The laptop is a Dell X200 with APM and cpufreq enabled, and IO-apic
disabled.

I tested with and w/o preemptive kernel and cpufreq with the same results.

I also tried with 2.6.0-test9-bk4 (after last psmouse changes). I also
tried modifying the sources and decreasing the synaptics' 80 packets per
seconds to 40 packets but I still get the same errors.

  ricardo galli       GPG id C8114D34
  http://mnm.uib.es/~gallir/

[parent not found: <N7gI.1K3.9@gated-at.bofh.it>]