On Wed, 20 Jun 2018, Dave Mielke wrote: > [quoted lines by Adam Borowski on 2018/06/21 at 03:43 +0200] > > >It's meant for displaying braille to _sighted_ people. And in real world, > >the main [ab]use is a way to show images that won't get corrupted by > >proportional fonts. :-þ > > It's not abuse at all. I often use U+28xx to show sighted people what the > braille for something looks like. I often need to do this when, for example, I > need them to comapre what I'm showing them to what's on an actual braille > display. U+28xx is the only way for me to do this without a lengthy description > containing sequences of dot number combinations. > > Also, U+28xx is the only reasonable way to share braille music between people > who use different languages. > > >The primary users would be: > >* people who want symbols uncorrupted (especially if their language uses a > > non-latin script) > >* CJK people (as discussed below) > > Again, that's not true. Why aren't braille users included in this list? After > all, it's we who motivated this enhancement. I guess actual blind people > mustn't count just because there are relatively fewer of us. :-( I'd say blind people fall in the "people who want symbols uncorrupted" category. Nicolas