From: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
To: Pete Clements <clem@clem.clem-digital.net>
Cc: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org (linux-kernel),
	Rene Herman <rene.herman@keyaccess.nl>
Subject: Re: Lost Sound from 2.6.24 to 2.6.25 -- CS4236 ISA
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 14:34:34 +0200	[thread overview]

At Mon, 5 May 2008 10:06:51 -0400 (EDT),
Pete Clements wrote:

> Looks like sound card stops functioning between
> 2.6.24 and 2.6.25.

Could you elaborate what do you mean exactly "stop"?  Fail to load or
initialize the driver, or silent output, DMA error...?

>  Sorry but don't know at what
> point.  Card is an isa CS4236. Glad to provide
> any other info/testing.

Any relevant kernel messages are welcome.  Also, if you passed any
(module) options for the sound driver, show it, too.

The biggest change in ISA sound driver codes between 2.6.24 and 2.6.25
is that we dropped the PnP resource re-configuration via module
options of sound drivers.  They have to be adjusted via sysfs now
(if really needed).

Otherwise, if it really worked on 2.6.24, we have a good chance to
identify the affecting changeset via bisect.  There are only a few
changes for sound/isa.

thanks,

Takashi