lttng-dev.lists.lttng.org archive mirror
From: Jonathan Rajotte-Julien via lttng-dev <lttng-dev@lists.lttng.org>
To: Ramesh Errabolu <ramesh.errabolu@gmail.com>
Cc: lttng-dev@lists.lttng.org
Subject: Re: [lttng-dev] lttng-dev Digest, Vol 156, Issue 3
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2021 19:46:21 -0400	[thread overview]

> I followed your command sequence and noticed a bunch of files being
> created. However when I tried to run babeltrace on these outputs I don't
> see any of the functions that should have been called.  Including below the
> search for symbols.

At least userspace tracing seems to work.

I would recommended, again, that you first try tracing on a dummy application, a
really simple one. Then move to the usage of cyg_profile on that dummy app then
to your application.

The cyg profile events are the following:

  lttng_ust_cyg_profile_fast:func_entry
  lttng_ust_cyg_profile_fast:func_exit

and, when using liblttng-ust-cyg-profile.so:

  lttng_ust_cyg_profile:func_entry
  lttng_ust_cyg_profile:func_exit

I would recommend that you first start grep-ing (lttng_ust_cyg) for this in the
trace to see if any is getting hit and recorded. If it is not the case, take a
step back try with a dummy app and if nothing works with the dummy app we can at
least try to help you from there and remove all other variable since you will be
able to share the dummy app with us.

Cheers