lttng-dev.lists.lttng.org archive mirror
From: Mathieu Desnoyers via lttng-dev <lttng-dev@lists.lttng.org>
To: Sergei Dyshel <qyron.private@gmail.com>
Cc: lttng-dev <lttng-dev@lists.lttng.org>
Subject: Re: Have live session and rotation together
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2020 15:00:39 -0400 (EDT)	[thread overview]

----- On Apr 22, 2020, at 2:18 PM, Sergei Dyshel qyron.private@gmail.com wrote:

> Thanks! I really missed this feature somehow.
>
> However I see that passing 0 as "tracefile size" will remove size
> limitation. Is it possible to disable CTF trace writing altogether?

No, because the relay daemon uses the on-disk files as intermediate
storage between the receiving end and the part interacting with live
viewers.

Note that https://bugs.lttng.org/issues/1182 tracks a known issue
where the relay daemon mishandles tracefile-count == 0 and tracefile-size != 0.
It has not been a priority to fix this issue so far.

Thanks,

Mathieu

--
Mathieu Desnoyers