lttng-dev.lists.lttng.org archive mirror
* Re: 回复:Re:  回复:Re:   Pros and Cons of LTTng
       [not found] <tencent_264479D416B7725164217DB5@qq.com>
@ 2019-07-25 15:45 ` Jonathan Rajotte-Julien
       [not found] ` <20190725154514.GA9592@joraj-alpa>
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Jonathan Rajotte-Julien @ 2019-07-25 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 杨海; +Cc: lttng-dev

Hi Yiteng,

> Thanks for quick response.
> LTTng is really impressive on performance,especially under heavy workload. When using it on critical machines,stability is also essential.
> I wonder how LTTng is commercialized and any products or OS distributions already enabled it.

LTTng is open-source and free and as far as I can tell will be for the foreseeable future.

The main contributor behind the lttng ecosytem is EfficiOS. We offer commercial
support and feature developments for lttng and similar tools. I encourage you to
take a look at our website [1] and contact us [2] if you need commercial
support.

LTTng mostly exists today due to EfficiOS and its commercial partners. EfficiOS
employs all major contributors of the lttng ecosystem.

[1] https://www.efficios.com/
[2] https://www.efficios.com/contact/

LTTng is already available for multiple distributions [3][4].

[3] https://lttng.org/download/
[4] Yocto: https://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/plain/meta/recipes-kernel/lttng

> I took a look at lttng-modules bug list,there are a few kernel oops years ago and got resolved. May I say it is very stable or it has not been fully tested?

We do perform extensive testing for our userspace [5][6] and kernel
tracer[7][8]. We aim for stability. As you know bugs are always a possibility.
The kernel is a forever moving target and distro kernel sometime perform sketchy
rebase. We consider lttng-modules to be very stable and we strive to make sure
it is the case.

[5] https://ci.lttng.org/view/LTTng-ust/
[6] https://ci.lttng.org/view/LTTng-tools/
[7] https://ci.lttng.org/view/LTTng-modules/
[8] https://ci.lttng.org/view/System%20Tests/

Cheers

--
Jonathan Rajotte-Julien
EfficiOS

@ 2019-07-25 15:48   ` Jonathan Rajotte-Julien
From: Jonathan Rajotte-Julien @ 2019-07-25 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 杨海; +Cc: lttng-dev

Hi Hai,

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 11:45:14AM -0400, Jonathan Rajotte-Julien wrote:
> Hi Yiteng,

I missed up name here. Sorry for that. I will teach me to have multiple email
client side by side.

Cheers

--
Jonathan Rajotte-Julien
EfficiOS

@ 2019-07-25 15:48 ` Mathieu Desnoyers
       [not found] ` <438504875.11742.1564069712337.JavaMail.zimbra@efficios.com>
From: Mathieu Desnoyers @ 2019-07-25 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 杨海; +Cc: lttng-dev

----- On Jul 25, 2019, at 4:21 PM, 杨海 <hai.yang@magic-shield.com> wrote:

> Hi

> Thanks for quick response.
> LTTng is really impressive on performance,especially under heavy workload. When
> using it on critical machines,stability is also essential.
> I wonder how LTTng is commercialized and any products or OS distributions
> already enabled it.
> I took a look at lttng-modules bug list,there are a few kernel oops years ago
> and got resolved. May I say it is very stable or it has not been fully tested?

Hi,

EfficiOS has had commercial customers using LTTng in production for many years now.
LTTng per-se is distributed as packages in all major Linux distributions. EfficiOS also provides
more up-to-date packages for some distributions through [ http://packages.efficios.com/ | http://packages.efficios.com/ ]

The way we commercialize LTTng is through funding for design and implementation of
customer's feature requests. We also provide commercial support tailored to specific
customer's environments, which includes SLA and continuous integration testing of specific
environments.

If those are services you are interested in, please feel free to contact us in private so we
can further discuss your needs.

Best regards,

Mathieu

> regards
> Hai

Mathieu Desnoyers
EfficiOS Inc.
http://www.efficios.com

@ 2019-07-30  0:34   ` 杨海
       [not found]   ` <tencent_3F4BC66C590FBA9B49519E62@qq.com>
From: 杨海 @ 2019-07-30  0:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mathieu Desnoyers; +Cc: lttng-dev

Hi Mathieu,

Thanks. I am looking for packages for older distributions like CentOS 6 (with kernel 2.6) but could not find it. And which kernel version is minimum requirement for LTTng?

Regards
Hai

@ 2019-07-30 14:04     ` Mathieu Desnoyers
From: Mathieu Desnoyers @ 2019-07-30 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 杨海; +Cc: lttng-dev

The current LTTng kernel tracer (lttng-modules) supports Linux 3.0+ only.

If you only need to trace user-space, you might be able to use lttng-tools and lttng-ust
on an older kernel. Please refer to the README.md files of each project for information
about their environment prerequisites.

The RHEL6 kernel variant based on 2.6.32-2.6.35 Linux kernels has never been supported by
the LTTng 2.x kernel tracers without kernel patching.

Thanks,

Mathieu

--
Mathieu Desnoyers
EfficiOS Inc.

* 回复:Re:  回复:Re:  Pros and Cons of LTTng
@ 2019-07-25 15:21 杨海