lttng-dev.lists.lttng.org archive mirror
From: lbj via lttng-dev <lttng-dev@lists.lttng.org>
To: Mathieu Desnoyers <mathieu.desnoyers@efficios.com>
Cc: paulmck <paulmck@kernel.org>, lttng-dev <lttng-dev@lists.lttng.org>
Subject: Re: [lttng-dev] QSBR urcu read lock question
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 10:54:48 -0400	[thread overview]

Mathieu,
Thanks so much for your wealth if information and timely responses, they are greatly appreciated. Final question: is there any harm in explicitly calling rcu_thread_online/rcu_thread_offline from within my call_rcu callback function? From what you described it sounds like it would be redundant, but presumably would be harmless. Correct? Thanks again.
Jeff

Sent from my iPhone