lttng-dev.lists.lttng.org archive mirror
* liblttng-ust and lttng-tools fail to compile with -fno-common
@ 2020-01-16 15:26 Norbert Lange
From: Norbert Lange @ 2020-01-16 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lttng-dev

Hello,

The flag -fno-common will cause multiple duplicate symbols, gcc 10
will use this as default, so it will only be a matter of time till you
get some more FTB reports ;)

Norbert

* Re: liblttng-ust and lttng-tools fail to compile with -fno-common
@ 2020-01-16 20:43 ` Michael Jeanson
From: Michael Jeanson @ 2020-01-16 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lttng-dev

On 2020-01-16 10:26 a.m., Norbert Lange wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The flag -fno-common will cause multiple duplicate symbols, gcc 10
> will use this as default, so it will only be a matter of time till you
> get some more FTB reports ;)
>
> Norbert

 Thanks for the heads-up, I've submitted these patches:

 https://review.lttng.org/c/lttng-ust/+/2809
 https://review.lttng.org/c/lttng-tools/+/2810

Cheers,

Michael