Am Do., 20. Mai 2021 um 16:37 Uhr schrieb Michael Jeanson : > > On 2021-05-20 9:52 a.m., Norbert Lange via lttng-dev wrote: > > Hello, > > > > many tests fail to build, apparently because transitive dependencies > > are not found. > > I managed to patch out building the test sub-directory, at which > > points the errors are gone, > > I dont know how to fix it with automake, seems like > > /tmp/ZBuild/build/lttng-libust-2.13.0-rc2/src/lib/lttng-ust/.libs > > should be added to library search paths. > > > > Norbert > > The libtool integration with autotools should be handling these transitive > dependencies but somehow doesn't seem to work in your environment. A > workaround could be to add the liblttng-ust-common.la file to all the test file:///home/noppl/git/buildroot/0001-package-lttng-bump-to-2.13rc2-WIP.patch > binaries _LDADD where liblttng-ust.la is already present, for example: > > ust_fields_compatapi1_LDADD = \ > $(top_builddir)/src/lib/lttng-ust/liblttng-ust.la \ > $(top_builddir)/src/lib/lttng-ust-common/liblttng-ust-common.la \ > $(DL_LIBS) > > Can you check if this works? I suppose it would, but there are many many of these errors also by linking libraries build in the test directory, would cost some time and I am not able to triage automake/libtool issues. Is that the solution upstream wants to use? I attached a patch for https://buildroot.org/ to pick the current lttng rc2. using buildroot is easy (but timeconsuming if you build the cross-compiler aswell): make O=/tmp/build defconfig make O=/tmp/build menuconfig Pick your hosts/prefered architecture in Target options In toolchain menu pick kernel headers + c library type (glibc for me) Enable: Target packages -> Libraries -> Other -> lttng-libust Target packages -> Debugging, profiling and benchmark -> lttng-tools Then make O=/tmp/build Norbert