Each graph would parse the whole stream? What if I only connect one of the outputs from the source.ctf.fs? I would think it would only access that one stream file. Rocky On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 4:27 PM Simon Marchi wrote: > On 2020-03-30 1:30 p.m., Rocky Dunlap wrote: > > In my case I have CTF trace where some analyses can be performed on a > per-stream basis (no need to mux the streams together). In this case, I > was thinking that it would make sense to thread over the streams. However, > I think can easily do this at a level above the graph simply by creating > multiple graphs where each one is handling a single stream. In my case I > am thinking this will be mostly I/O bound, so I'm not sure what kind of > payoff the threads will give. Overall, I just want to make sure that I am > not doing anything that would, in the long run, preclude > threading/concurrency if it is added to the graph model itself. > > Creating multiple graphs and handling a single stream in each would > work, but each graph would end up reading and parsing the while CTF > trace, which is not great. > > If you streams are in a data file of their own, you could move them > to their own directory, each with a copy of the metadata, effectively > creating one trace for each. Then create one graph for each trace. > > I can't really tell you right now how to design your components to work > with a future model where there is concurrency, since that model does > not exist yet :). > > Simon > >