lttng-dev.lists.lttng.org archive mirror
From: Aleksander Aleksandrov via lttng-dev <lttng-dev@lists.lttng.org>
To: Simon Marchi <simon.marchi@efficios.com>,
	"jeremie.galarneau@efficios.com" <jeremie.galarneau@efficios.com>
Cc: "lttng-dev@lists.lttng.org" <lttng-dev@lists.lttng.org>
Subject: Babeltrace 2.0.2 performance issue
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2020 16:32:03 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi Simon,

Thank you for your message! Unfortunately, I missed your previous message, sorry for this.

I processed the CI's trace logs, I got the following performance: bt2 (140.51s) vs bt1 (122.00s). In my opinion, the values are quite similar comparing with my other measurements.

Best regards,

Aleksandr

On 2020-03-13 4:58 p.m., Simon Marchi wrote:
> Hi Aleksander,
>
> I just noticed you did not send your original email to the lttng-dev mailing list,
> please send such request on that mailing list, as it's of public interest:

> See my previous response here:
>
>   https://pastebin.com/raw/3Q5PbYXn
>
> Simon

Hi Aleksander,

Sorry, I forgot to follow up.  Did you get my last message?

This is the trace we use for benchmarking: https://files.efficios.com/s/pog5raGkBkH63y9

Could you try to compare bt1 and bt2 using that trace?

On the CI benchmark system, we get some similar performance with both bt1 and bt2.  Although
a colleague tried on a recent AMD Ryzen 3700X CPU, and he says bt2 is slower than bt1 for
him (36s vs 33s).  I'd be curious to know what kind of numbers you get.

Simon