lustre-devel-lustre.org archive mirror
* Re: [lustre-devel] o2iblnd/socklnd security
       [not found] <CAAqp6i0+WcOhW8cOYZSrZu+UMAgaDMA=zZnfbtJW--Nk9PQ44A@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2021-01-06  9:33 ` Degremont, Aurelien
From: Degremont, Aurelien @ 2021-01-06  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amir Shehata, Lustre Development List

Based on my experience, people usually enforced privileged ports (this is default anyway, no?)
I only see complex setups where this could be a problem for admin, but what problem this option is causing to you?

You should probably send that to lustre-discuss if you want to have a simple survey of what people are using.

De : lustre-devel <lustre-devel-bounces@lists.lustre.org> au nom de Amir Shehata <amir.shehata.whamcloud@gmail.com>
Date : mercredi 6 janvier 2021 à 00:18
À : Lustre Development List <lustre-devel@lists.lustre.org>
Objet : [EXTERNAL] [lustre-devel] o2iblnd/socklnd security

Hi,

Currently o2iblnd has two parameters

use_privileged_port and require_privileged_port to control the port range to use. They control whether to use/accept a privileged port (1 -1023) or any port.

Similarly socklnd has a similar parameter: accept_type. If set to "all" then any port range is accepted otherwise, only a privileged port is accepted.

I'm trying to get a better idea of how these are being used on sites. And if so do sites value this level of control? IE do these parameters provide a level of security which is deemed valuable?

thanks
amir