Hi Heiner, On 30/06/2019 23:55, Heiner Kallweit wrote: > This one shows that the vendor driver (r8168) uses a random MAC address. > Means the driver can't read a valid MAC address from the chip, maybe due > to a broken BIOS. > Alternatively you could use r8169 and set a MAC address manually with > ifconfig hw ether Hmm, did some more testing: did a rmmod r8168 and (after "un"blacklisting the r8169) modprobed the r8169. This time r8169 came up nicely but with a complete different MAC (forgot to not than one though). So I guess the vendor compilation did other stuff besides just compiling the r8168 kernel module. Did another test: blacklisted the r8168, renamed r8168.ko to r8168.bak, depmod -a and powercycled the system. Funny it came up with both r8168 and r8169 loaded and I got my intended IP address from. DHCP, so r8168 somewhat got loaded and used his MAC. Did another rmmod r8168, rmmod r8169 and then modprobe r8169. Even though I did NOT configure a MAC address myself manually it came up with a new MAC address and of course got a dynamich IP address. So I don't know where the vendor somewhat changed something (with his compiling/installing) to the effect that r8169 now works?!? Regards, Karsten