On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 16:43:26 -0400 Dave Jones wrote: > I've seen similar soft lockup traces from the sys_unshare path when > running my fuzz tester. It seems that if you create enough network > namespaces, it can take a huge amount of time for them to be iterated. > (Running trinity with '-c unshare' you can see the slow down happen. > In some cases, it takes so long that the watchdog process kills it -- > though the SIGKILL won't get delivered until the unshare() completes) > > Any idea what this machine had been doing prior to this that may have > involved creating lots of namespaces ? That was right after boot. ;) This is my main rawhide running laptop. A 'ip netns list' shows nothing. kevin