Could you add a NFT_META_BRI_VLAN_PROTO? Similar to patch 1/2, to retrieve p->br->vlan_proto. Then, add a generic way to set the vlan metadata. I'm attaching an incomplete patch, so there is something like: meta vlan set 0x88a8:20 to set q-in-q. we could also add a shortcut for simple vlan case (no q-in-q), ie. assuming protocol is 0x8100: meta vlan set 20 Does this make sense to you? And we have a way to set the meta vlan information from ingress to then, which is something I also need here. Thanks.