On Thu, Aug 01, 2019 at 05:25:40PM +0200, Stefano Garzarella wrote: > When VMCI transport is used, if the guest closes a connection, > all data is gone and EOF is returned, so we should skip the read > of data written by the peer before closing the connection. All transports should aim for identical semantics. I think virtio-vsock should behave the same as VMCI since userspace applications should be transport-independent. Let's view this as a vsock bug. Is it feasible to change the VMCI behavior so it's more like TCP sockets? If not, let's change the virtio-vsock behavior to be compatible with VMCI.