netdev.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* ingress bandwidth limitation for ipv6 is inaccurate
@ 2019-10-08  5:53 yue longguang
From: yue longguang @ 2019-10-08  5:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kuznet, stephen, netdev

Firstly, thank you  stephen.

Hi, kuznet:

1.  according to my test,  bandwidth limitation is inaccurate for
ingress ipv6 .  The accuracy is affected by burst.   if rate is less
than 100mbit , set burst to 1MB or 2MB, the result is almost
acceptable.  but when rate is bigger , the result is approximately 1/3
of rate.
command:  tc filter add dev qr-869fbdc2-1e parent ffff: protocol ipv6
u32 match ip6 src any police rate 500mbit burst 1M drop
so except for using ifb, what should be done to get a accurate result.

2. can flowid option of  ingess's filter belong to egress's class.
for example    tc filter add dev qr-869fbdc2-1e parent ffff: protocol
ipv6 u32 match ip6 src any police rate 500mbit burst 1M flowid 1:10
 (1:10 classid  is egress's qdisc's class )

thanks

* Re: ingress bandwidth limitation for ipv6 is inaccurate
@ 2019-10-12  2:01 ` yue longguang
From: yue longguang @ 2019-10-12  2:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kuznet, stephen, netdev

Hi, kuznet,i am looking forward to your reply.

thanks

@ 2019-10-12  3:27   ` David Miller
From: David Miller @ 2019-10-12  3:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yuelongguang; +Cc: kuznet, stephen, netdev

From: yue longguang <yuelongguang@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 10:01:12 +0800

> Hi, kuznet,i am looking forward to your reply.

Targetting a specific developer, especially one who hasn't actually been active
in a very long time, is extremely unwise.

Please set your expectations appropriately.

* ingress bandwidth limitation for ipv6 is inaccurate
@ 2019-10-13  7:17 yue longguang
From: yue longguang @ 2019-10-13  7:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev

Hi,all

1.  according to my test,  bandwidth limitation is inaccurate for
ingress ipv6 .  The accuracy is affected by burst.   if rate is less
than 100mbit , set burst to 1MB or 2MB, the result is almost
acceptable.  but when rate is bigger , the result is approximately 1/3
of rate.
command:  tc filter add dev qr-869fbdc2-1e parent ffff: protocol ipv6
u32 match ip6 src any police rate 500mbit burst 1M drop
so except for using ifb, what should be done to get a accurate result.

2. can flowid option of  ingess's filter belong to egress's class.
for example    tc filter add dev qr-869fbdc2-1e parent ffff: protocol
ipv6 u32 match ip6 src any police rate 500mbit burst 1M flowid 1:10
 (1:10 classid  is egress's qdisc's class )

thank you for replying my two questions