netdev.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* ethtool 5.7 released
@ 2020-06-04 18:35 John W. Linville
From: John W. Linville @ 2020-06-04 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev; +Cc: Michal Kubecek, davem

ethtool version 5.7 has been released.

Home page: https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/network/ethtool/
Download link:
https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/network/ethtool/ethtool-5.7.tar.xz

Release notes:

	* Feature: ethtool: Add support for Low Latency Reed Solomon
	* Fix: ethtool.c: Report transceiver correctly
	* Feature: features: accept long legacy flag names when setting features
	* Feature: refactor interface between ioctl and netlink code
	* Feature: netlink: use genetlink ops information to decide about fallback
	* Feature: netlink: show netlink error even without extack
	* Feature: ethtool: add support for newer SFF-8024 compliance codes
	* Feature: Rewrite printf() due to -Werror=format-security

This should be my last release as maintainer of ethtool. Michal
Kubecek has graciously agreed to take-on that responsibility, and I
have every confidence that he will do a great job in that capacity
for our community.

Thanks, Michal!

John
linville@tuxdriver.com			might be all we have.  Be ready.

* Re: ethtool 5.7 released
@ 2020-06-04 20:15 ` Florian Fainelli
From: Florian Fainelli @ 2020-06-04 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John W. Linville, netdev; +Cc: Michal Kubecek, davem

On 6/4/2020 11:35 AM, John W. Linville wrote:
> ethtool version 5.7 has been released.
>
> Home page: https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/network/ethtool/
> Download link:
> https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/network/ethtool/ethtool-5.7.tar.xz
>
> Release notes:
>
> 	* Feature: ethtool: Add support for Low Latency Reed Solomon
> 	* Fix: ethtool.c: Report transceiver correctly
> 	* Feature: features: accept long legacy flag names when setting features
> 	* Feature: refactor interface between ioctl and netlink code
> 	* Feature: netlink: use genetlink ops information to decide about fallback
> 	* Feature: netlink: show netlink error even without extack
> 	* Feature: ethtool: add support for newer SFF-8024 compliance codes
> 	* Feature: Rewrite printf() due to -Werror=format-security
>
> This should be my last release as maintainer of ethtool. Michal
> Kubecek has graciously agreed to take-on that responsibility, and I
> have every confidence that he will do a great job in that capacity
> for our community.
>
> Thanks, Michal!

Thank you John for maintaining ethtool for the past few years and thanks
Michal for stepping up.
--
Florian

* Re: ethtool 5.7 released
@ 2020-06-04 23:01 ` David Miller
From: David Miller @ 2020-06-04 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linville; +Cc: netdev, mkubecek

From: "John W. Linville" <linville@tuxdriver.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 14:35:39 -0400

> ethtool version 5.7 has been released.
>
> Home page: https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/network/ethtool/
> Download link:
> https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/network/ethtool/ethtool-5.7.tar.xz
>
> Release notes:
>
> 	* Feature: ethtool: Add support for Low Latency Reed Solomon
> 	* Fix: ethtool.c: Report transceiver correctly
> 	* Feature: features: accept long legacy flag names when setting features
> 	* Feature: refactor interface between ioctl and netlink code
> 	* Feature: netlink: use genetlink ops information to decide about fallback
> 	* Feature: netlink: show netlink error even without extack
> 	* Feature: ethtool: add support for newer SFF-8024 compliance codes
> 	* Feature: Rewrite printf() due to -Werror=format-security
>
> This should be my last release as maintainer of ethtool. Michal
> Kubecek has graciously agreed to take-on that responsibility, and I
> have every confidence that he will do a great job in that capacity
> for our community.
>
> Thanks, Michal!

Thank you John for steering the ethtool ship all of this time and
thanks Michal for helping us with this important networking tool.