Hi, If the lan78xx driver is compiled into the kernel and the network cable is plugged in at boot, /sys/class/net/eth0/carrier is stuck at 1 and doesn't toggle if the cable is unplugged and replugged. If the network cable is *not* plugged in at boot, all seems to work fine. I.e., post-boot cable plugs and unplugs toggle the carrier flag. Also, everything seems to work fine if the driver is compiled as a module. There's an older ticket for the raspi kernel [1] but I've just tested this with a 5.8 kernel on a Pi 3B+ and still see that behavior. ...Juerg [1] https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/issues/1100