On 07.06.2022 19:27:05, Vincent MAILHOL wrote: > On Tue. 7 juin 2022 at 18:47, Dario Binacchi > wrote: > > This series originated as a result of CAN communication tests for an > > application using the USBtin adapter (https://www.fischl.de/usbtin/). > > The tests showed some errors but for the driver everything was ok. > > Also, being the first time I used the slcan driver, I was amazed that > > it was not possible to configure the bitrate via the ip tool. > > For these two reasons, I started looking at the driver code and realized > > that it didn't use the CAN network device driver interface. > > That's funny! Yesterday, I sent this comment: > https://lore.kernel.org/linux-can/CAMZ6RqKZwC_OKcgH+WPacY6kbNbj4xR2Gdg2NQtm5Ka5Hfw79A@mail.gmail.com/ > > And today, you send a full series to remove all the dust from the > slcan driver. Do I have some kind of mystical power to summon people > on the mailing list? That would be very useful and awesome super power, I'm a bit jealous. :D > > Starting from these assumptions, I tried to: > > - Use the CAN network device driver interface. > > In order to use the CAN network device driver, a.k.a. can-dev module, > drivers/net/can/Kbuild has to be adjusted: move slcan inside CAN_DEV > scope. > > @Mark: because I will have to send a new version for my can-dev/Kbuild > cleanup, maybe I can take that change and add it to my series? Let's get the your Kconfig/Makefile changes into can-next/master first. Then Dario can then base this series on that branch. regards, Marc -- Pengutronix e.K. | Marc Kleine-Budde | Embedded Linux | https://www.pengutronix.de | Vertretung West/Dortmund | Phone: +49-231-2826-924 | Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686 | Fax: +49-5121-206917-5555 |