On 12/5/19 12:32 PM, Sean Nyekjaer wrote: >> If yes, I think we don't need check stop mode in probe stage, since >> issue has disappeared automatically. > > If one have devices deployed where: > "can: flexcan: fix deadlock when using self wakeup" isn't applied. > They could have devices stuck in stop-mode. Ok. But both patches: can: flexcan: fix deadlock when using self wakeup can: flexcan: try to exit stop mode during probe stage are not yet mainline, so if "can: flexcan: fix deadlock when using self wakeup" fixes the problem and goes into stable we don't need "can: flexcan: try to exit stop mode during probe stage", right? > That's what i meant by this patch doesn't do any harm to have the check > included. I don't want to have code in the driver that serves no purpose. regards, Marc -- Pengutronix e.K. | Marc Kleine-Budde | Embedded Linux | https://www.pengutronix.de | Vertretung West/Dortmund | Phone: +49-231-2826-924 | Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686 | Fax: +49-5121-206917-5555 |