netdev.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* VLAN Question
@ 2011-10-29 13:35 Roya Kachooei
From: Roya Kachooei @ 2011-10-29 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev

Hi there

My question is that is it possible to bond or aggregate two virtual
interfaces created by VLAN?

In other words is it possible to bond two virtual links for improving
fail over and load balance?

Best Regards,
Roya Kachooei

* Re: VLAN Question
@ 2011-10-29 15:51 ` Nicolas de Pesloüan
From: Nicolas de Pesloüan @ 2011-10-29 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roya Kachooei; +Cc: netdev

Le 29/10/2011 15:35, Roya Kachooei a écrit :
> Hi there
>

> My question is that is it possible to bond or aggregate two virtual
> interfaces created by VLAN?
>
> In other words is it possible to bond two virtual links for improving
> fail over and load balance?

If both virtual links are supported by the same physical link, nothing will improve.

That being said, some people used VLAN to provide end-to-end links, across one or several common
switches.

       +-eth0-----vlan-100-----eth0-+
bond0-+                            +-bond0
       +-eth1-----vlan-200-----eth1-+

	Nicolas.