netdev.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: "™֟☻̭҇ Ѽ ҉ ®" <vtolkm@googlemail.com>
To: netdev@vger.kernel.org
Cc: Vivien Didelot <vivien.didelot@gmail.com>, Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch>
Subject: Re: loss of connectivity after enabling vlan_filtering
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 21:33:11 +0000	[thread overview]

On 05/07/2019 17:29, Vivien Didelot wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Jun 2019 01:23:02 +0200, vtolkm@googlemail.com wrote:
>> A simple soul might infer that mv88e6xxx includes MV88E6060, at least
>> that happened to me apparently (being said simpleton).
> I agree that is confusing, that is why I don't like the 'xxx' naming
> convention in general, found in many drivers. I'd prefer to stick with a
> reference model, or product category, like soho in this case. But it was
> initially written like this, so no reason to change its name now. I still
> plan to merge mv88e6060 into mv88e6xxx, but it is unfortunately low priority
> because I still don't have a platform with a 88E6060 on it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> 	Vivien

At long last discovered (accidentality) what causes the loss of
connectivity when enabling vlan_filtering, the node being dual-core and
each core providing a port facing the switchdev:

cpu0 - eht0 [RGMII] <--- > switchdev port 6
cpu1 - eth1 [RGMII] <--- > switchdev port 5

If only one of the CPU ports is connected to the respective switchdev
port connectivity to the node gets severed when enabling vlan_filtering.
With both CPU ports connected to the respective switchdev ports
connectivity remains uninterrupted to the node when enabling
vlan_filtering.