netdev.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Thorsten Leemhuis <regressions@leemhuis.info>
To: Network Development <netdev@vger.kernel.org>
Cc: "regressions@lists.linux.dev" <regressions@lists.linux.dev>
Subject: Re: RTM_DELROUTE not sent anymore when deleting (last) nexthop of routes in 6.1 #forregzbot
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 09:36:38 +0100	[thread overview]

[Note: this mail is primarily send for documentation purposes and/or for
regzbot, my Linux kernel regression tracking bot. That's why I removed
most or all folks from the list of recipients, but left any that looked
like a mailing lists. These mails usually contain '#forregzbot' in the
subject, to make them easy to spot and filter out.]

[TLDR: I'm adding this regression report to the list of tracked
regressions; all text from me you find below is based on a few templates
paragraphs you might have encountered already already in similar form.]

Hi, this is your Linux kernel regression tracker.

On 24.11.22 10:20, Jonas Gorski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> when an IPv4 route gets removed because its nexthop was deleted, the
> kernel does not send a RTM_DELROUTE netlink notifications anymore in
> 6.1. A bisect lead me to 61b91eb33a69 ("ipv4: Handle attempt to delete
> multipath route when fib_info contains an nh reference"), and
> reverting it makes it work again.

Thanks for the report. To be sure below issue doesn't fall through the
cracks unnoticed, I'm adding it to regzbot, my Linux kernel regression
tracking bot:

#regzbot ^introduced 61b91eb33a69
#regzbot title net: RTM_DELROUTE not sent anymore when deleting (last)
nexthop of routes
#regzbot ignore-activity

This isn't a regression? This issue or a fix for it are already
discussed somewhere else? It was fixed already? You want to clarify when
the regression started to happen? Or point out I got the title or
something else totally wrong? Then just reply -- ideally with also
telling regzbot about it, as explained here:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/tracked-regression/

Reminder for developers: When fixing the issue, add 'Link:' tags
pointing to the report (the mail this one replies to), as explained for
in the Linux kernel's documentation; above webpage explains why this is
important for tracked regressions.

P.S.: As the Linux kernel's regression tracker I deal with a lot of
reports and sometimes miss something important when writing mails like
this. If that's the case here, don't hesitate to tell me in a public
reply, it's in everyone's interest to set the public record straight.