On 1/19/2022 11:02 PM, Dmitry Osipenko wrote: > 17.01.2022 17:29, Hector Martin пишет: >> This unbreaks support for USB devices, which do not have a board_type >> to create an alt_path out of and thus were running into a NULL >> dereference. >> >> Fixes: 5ff013914c62 ("brcmfmac: firmware: Allow per-board firmware binaries") >> Signed-off-by: Hector Martin > > Technically, all patches that are intended to be included into next > stable kernel update require the "Cc: stable@vger.kernel.org" tag. Being the nit picker that I am I would say it is recommended to safe yourself extra work, not required, for the reason you give below. > In practice such patches usually auto-picked by the patch bot, so no > need to resend. Regards, Arend