netdev.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Bambi Yeh <bambi.yeh@realtek.com>
To: Hayes Wang <hayeswang@realtek.com>,
	Amber Chen <amber.chen@realtek.com>,
	Prashant Malani <pmalani@chromium.org>
Cc: David Miller <davem@davemloft.net>,
	"netdev@vger.kernel.org" <netdev@vger.kernel.org>,
	Ryankao <ryankao@realtek.com>, Jackc <jackc@realtek.com>,
	Albertk <albertk@realtek.com>,
	"marcochen@google.com" <marcochen@google.com>,
	nic_swsd <nic_swsd@realtek.com>,
	Grant Grundler <grundler@chromium.org>
Subject: RE: Proposal: r8152 firmware patching framework
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2019 09:01:48 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi Prashant:

We will try to implement your requests.
Based on our experience, upstream reviewer often reject our modification if they have any concern.
Do you think you can talk to them about this idea and see if they will accept it or not?
Or if you can help on this after we submit it?

Also, Hayes is now updating our current upstream driver and it goes back and forth for a while.
So we will need some time to finish it and the target schedule to have your request done is in the end of this month.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Bambi Yeh