On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 2:57 PM David Ahern wrote: > On 1/18/21 11:01 AM, Edwin Peer wrote: > > I'm facing a similar issue with NIC firmware that isn't yet ready by > > device open time, but have been resisting the urge to lie to the stack > > why not have the ndo_open return -EBUSY or -EAGAIN to tell S/W to try > again 'later'? Indeed, this is what we ended up doing, although we still need to confirm Network Manager, systemd and whatever else our customers might use do the necessary to satisfy the user requirement to handle the delayed init. Only reason I piped up is that this line card thing seems to introduce a similar issue. Regards, Edwin Peer