On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 10:23 PM Cameron Berkenpas wrote: > > Hello, > > Somewhere along the way I got the impression that it generally takes > those affected hours before their systems lock up. I'm (generally) able > to reproduce this issue much faster than that. Regardless, I can help test. > > Are there any patches that need testing or is this all still pending > discussion around the best way to resolve the issue? Yes. I come up with a (hopefully) much better patch in the attachment. Can you help to test it? You need to unapply the previous patch before applying this one. (Just in case of any confusion: I still believe we should check NULL on top of this refcnt fix. But it should be a separate patch.) Thank you!