netdev.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Guillaume Nault <gnault@redhat.com>
To: Mirsad Goran Todorovac <mirsad.todorovac@alu.unizg.hr>
Cc: linux-kselftest@vger.kernel.org,
	"David S. Miller" <davem@davemloft.net>,
	Eric Dumazet <edumazet@google.com>,
	Jakub Kicinski <kuba@kernel.org>, Paolo Abeni <pabeni@redhat.com>,
	Shuah Khan <shuah@kernel.org>,
	netdev@vger.kernel.org, linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org,
	Matthias May <matthias.may@westermo.com>
Subject: Re: BUG: tools/testing/selftests/net/l2_tos_ttl_inherit.sh hangs when selftest restarted
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 17:41:24 +0100	[thread overview]

On Sun, Jan 08, 2023 at 03:49:05PM +0100, Mirsad Goran Todorovac wrote:
> On 08. 01. 2023. 15:04, Guillaume Nault wrote:
>
> > For some reasons, your host doesn't accept the VXLAN packets received
> > over veth0. I guess there are some firewalling rules incompatible with
> > this tests script.
>
> That beats me. It is essentially a vanilla desktop AlmaLinux (CentOS fork)
> installation w 6.2-rc2 vanilla torvalds tree kernel.
>
> Maybe DHCPv4+DHCPv6 assigned address got in the way?

I don't think so. The host sends an administratively prohibited
error. That's not an IP address conflict (and the script uses reserved
IP address ranges which shouldn't conflict with those assigned to regular
host).

The problem looks more like what you get with some firewalling setup
(like an "iptables XXX -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-admin-prohibited"
command).

> > I can probably help with the l2tp.sh failure and maybe with the
> > fcnal-test.sh hang. Please report them in their own mail thread.
>
> Then I will Cc: you for sure on those two.
>
> But I cannot promise that this will be today. In fact, tomorrow is prognosed
> rain so I'd better use the remaining blue-sky-patched day to do some biking ;-)

No hurry :)