Hello all, I've an ODROID-C1 board (a meson8b/S805) and I've some network unstablity with current mainline kernel; as time of writting, tested 5.0.y, 5.1.y, 5.2-rc4 and didn't try with any others versions. After a few talks on linux-amlogic mailing list, I've been pointed here to find and, hoppefully, fix the issue. The whole thread on linux-amlogic is available here: [¹] A short summary: 1. With Kernel 3.10.something made by Hardkernel (the one from the board vendor), the network link is working at 1 gigabit and stay at 1 gigabit. 2. With Kernel 5.0.y, 5.1.y, mainline, the network link goes from up to down every few seconds at 1 gigabit (making the board unusable) but is working fine when forced at 100Mb (using ethtool command). 3. The ethernet cable is not the cause of the issue (see #4). 4. After a few more check, I was able to narrow the problem. It's only present when the board is connected to my "internet box" (a Livebox 3/Sagemcom) but not with a "stupid" d-link switch (both have gigabit capability). 5. With the help from Martin on linux-amlogic I've tried to disable EEE in the dtb but it didn't change anything. 6. An extract of the dmesg output grepping ethernet and meson is here when the issue is occuring: [²]. And the last comment from Martin and why I'm sending a mail here: - the Amlogic SoCs use a DesignWare MAC (Ethernet controller, the driver is called stmmac) with a Relatek RTL8211F Ethernet PHY. - there's little Amlogic specific registers involved: they mostly control the PHY interface (enabling RMII or RGMII) and the clocks so it's very likely that someone on the netdev list has an idea how to debug this because a large part of the Ethernet setup is not Amlogic SoC specific So if you've got any idea to fix this issue.. :) Thanks in advance, Aymeric. [¹]: http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-amlogic/2019-June/012341.html [²]: https://paste.aplu.fr/?b5eb6df48a9c95b6#sqHk8xhWGwRfagWNpL+u7mIsPGWVWFn2d7xBqika8Kc=