Hi Am 15.12.21 um 12:04 schrieb Jani Nikula: > On Wed, 15 Dec 2021, Thomas Zimmermann wrote: >> * move DP helper code into dp/ (Jani) > > I suggested adding the subdirectory, but I'm going to bikeshed the name, > which I didn't suggest. > > $ find drivers/gpu/drm -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 -type d | wc -l > 68 > > Assuming we move more of the drm modules to subdirectories, how are they > going to stand out from drivers? > > I suggested drm_dp, which I understand results in tautology, but hey, > all the filenames under drm/ also have drm_*.[ch]. And I find that very > useful for git greps and other code archeology. With just the dp name, > you'd have to know and list all the drm subdirectories when looking up > stuff that's part of drm but not drivers. I think we have enough filename prefixes already. drm/drm_dp/drm_dp_ is just ridiculous. Best regards Thomas > > > BR, > Jani. > > -- Thomas Zimmermann Graphics Driver Developer SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany (HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg) Geschäftsführer: Ivo Totev