Hi Am 05.11.21 um 13:00 schrieb Javier Martinez Canillas: > On 11/5/21 11:04, Jani Nikula wrote: >> On Fri, 05 Nov 2021, Javier Martinez Canillas wrote: > > [snip] > >>> >>> Do you envision other condition that could be added later to disable a >>> DRM driver ? Or do you think that just from a code readability point of >>> view makes worth it ? >> >> Taking a step back for perspective. >> >> I think there's broad consensus in moving the parameter to drm, naming >> the check function to drm_something_something(), and breaking the ties >> to CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE. I appreciate the work you're doing to that >> effect. >> > > Thanks, I appreciate your feedback and comments. > >> I think everything beyond that is still a bit vague and/or >> contentious. So how about making the first 2-3 patches just that? >> Something we can all agree on, makes good progress, improves the kernel, >> and gives us something to build on? >> > > That works for me. Thomas, do you agree with that approach ? Sure. I think that's more or less what I proposed in my reply to that mail. Best regards Thomas > > Best regards, > -- Thomas Zimmermann Graphics Driver Developer SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany (HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg) Geschäftsführer: Ivo Totev